Thursday, January 14, 2010

Being really good at what you do


Being in real estate for 25 years and a licensed realtor for 10 yrs I always strive to be better. Everyday I get up I say to myself what can I do today to be better at what I do. There are many areas I can be better in.

1. Marketing-Probably the most important part of your business. There are many different ways to market. Meetings,printed ads and Internet. Everyday I get up I think of new ways to market and get the word out in my business. EXAMPLE; I quickly found out I needed to learn about the Internet and found some courses that would help me understand it. I always have ads going out almost on a daily basis.

2. Quality Control- I make sure that my product(real estate) is represented and makes my clients happy. My business has many facets Buying, construction, property management, selling, and overall activities that are involved everyday. Example: I call all my people at least twice a week and go over the activities they need to be doing and how it's going with that activity. Keeping in touch with your people is very important.

3. Customer Followup- Sometimes the hardest for people, picking up the phone and calling a client. They appreciate that most of the time. Sure sometimes they don't but that is just part of the business. Example; I dealt with a property for over 6 months but I called the client and updated him daily. Not fun but that's how you get really good at what you do. Your followup in quality control is very important with customer followup. By the way he is still a client. Example: I use an emailing program that has all my clients email address's in it. I email them weekly to update them on new stuff and my product.

4. Making Money- Some business owners have issues with this. I've had the same problems most have had. How much do you charge for your product or service? You can get information on your charges via Internet, news papers. TV etc. Just make sure your charges make you money. I see people charge very little for what they do and that can be very discouraging. So make sure you make money this helps you improve your services and make your clients happier. Example I've hired some consultants and tried some things they say. Consultants aren't always right but they give you great ideas.

--
Brett young
Valley Realty
Owner/ CEO Roof Top Investment
Real Estate Investment
http://www.rooftopprofitmax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment