Sunday, February 13, 2011

Doing things the right way always means profit!


I finished a duplex a few weeks ago and it really taught me key points about what tenants really look at.

The units had small bathrooms so we did the usual new flooring,caulk,paint, and basic clean up on the bathroom. When we finished the unit Peter my construction Foreman brought over some bathroom accessories to update the look of the bathroom. I thought that was nice but didn't really pay attention to it.

I also decided to make a third bedroom in the attic area. This area was around 800 SF and had all the drywall up. All it needed was a closet. So I framed in a huge walk in closet and I put new carpet . We needed to build some new stairs and put a pony wall around the opening so no one would fall through (you don't want that).

After the remodel was done we quickly rented both units (10 days) to the same family. I called my leasing agent and he told me that the tenants really liked the bathrooms. They ask if the bathroom accessories came with the units? Of course we said thay did come with the unit.

I later met with the tenant to fix a couple minor issues they wanted done before they moved in. I ask her why they picked our unit? She said that the place was so clean and nice that her husband told her to rent it immediately after looking at 5 other places! That meant a lot to me and my company!

Always make your units sparkle and have the wow factor! This makes your client happy and most importantly more money! Brett Young www.Advancedcashflowsystems.com

No comments:

Post a Comment