Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lighting makes a big difference in homes


I have a lot of remodels going on and I always look at ways to make the my homes look different and better than the competition. For example I looked at some of the other remodeled homes in the same area and noticed that most of them have the same color of paint in them. Basically a tan with white trim. I'm sure you seen it. Making your home look unique and have different colors may sell it quicker.

Thinking outside the box I immediately went down to the paint store to get some new ideas. They have great brochures that give you a lot of ideas in color selection. When you are looking at the different ideas always remember the age of the homes in the area. There are so many colors, never limit your self to just a few.

A great way to get other ideas on color is go through some high end open houses in high end areas. Just go get a Starbucks and start your journey. These type of homes usually have interior decorators do the designing for the home. This will give you a lot of great ideas for your remodeled home, or if you want to update your home.

Lighting is another great update. I go all over the city to find the best deals on lighting! I found one store that sells great chandelier's for 1/4 of the price of other outlets. So a light that cost $800 retail I got for $200. That is a cheap upgrade when you think about the cost of flooring, appliance and other upgrades on your home and it really stands out.

In older homes you can really knock the ball out of the park with lighting. I'm doing one in University Heights, Ohio and the home has a lot of great features. To show off those features I put in some great lighting. You do newer home the same way.Brett Young www.unrealcashflow.net

No comments:

Post a Comment