Wednesday, January 7, 2009



Understanding The Market In 2009
As an investor of 23 years, I’ve never seen a news media so negative and depressing. They spew bad news daily and give little hope for a prosperous future.
Let’s break it down……..In 2006 they spoke of the “housing bubble”, comparing it to the “dot-com bubble”. It is true that both caused financial havoc, but there is a giant difference between the two. The internet bubble burst leaving no assets. Housing still collects rent in a so called bubble market. It amazes me that stock market brokers bash housing. They say patience is the key with the stock market, then they turn around and say the housing market is bad and to get out while you can.
Unlike the stock market with 100 million dollar CEO’s running these firms, you the investor, have full control over your real estate portfolio. My IRA lost over 60% of it’s worth and I receive no rent/dividends from that investment. Meanwhile, I still receive great monthly cash flow on my real estate portfolio, not to mention the equity I have retained for having bought them at the right price. I am currently buying homes for under $25,000, rehabbing them for approx $15,000, receiving $300+ in monthly cash flow AND banking $30,000 to $70,000 in equity. I would like to see stocks give back that kind of return in this market.
Setting up your portfolio in this market will make your life golden when this market turns.

--
Brett young
Valley Realty
Owner/ CEO Roof Top Investment
Real Estate Investment
http://www.rooftopprofitmax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment