Friday, May 8, 2009



If you are looking to start a business in real estate, there is a lot you will need to know. It is not difficult, but it does take time.
Learning to use the web and computers is a must. A year ago, I did not know much about internet marketing. Then, I read “The 4 Hour Work Week” and was so inspired, I actually applied it right away. Since then, I have launched 2 websites and have learned all about organic advertising (Free). This has helped my business soar to new heights. Getting information out is extremely important. If no one knows what you have, no one will buy it. Many people have great products, but no way to show it. The internet is a fast, effective and inexpensive way to market your business.
Hiring a consultant can also help you boost your business. Specialized consultants have the resources and knowledge to help you strategize the most direct line between where your business is today and where your potential can take you.
Disorganization is one of the fastest ways to fail. Make sure that all your systems are in place. As they say, “the devil is in the details”. Some simple streamlining can save you a great deal of time and money.
Thorough product knowledge is another key to success. You MUST be the expert. You need to know every aspect of your business. In my case, I have to be on top of many things; Purchase price, rent, tenant landlord laws, population of renters, market trends, rehab costs, just to name a few.
You will also need to have the right people around you. For example, when I interview Realtors there are several key things I look for; Product knowledge, professionalism when working with clients, experience in working specifically with investors, efficiency, communication skills and most of all attitude. In my mind, attitude is everything. I have no patience for negativity. I want solutions, not problems.
--
Brett young
Valley Realty
Owner/ CEO Roof Top Investment
Real Estate Investment
http://www.rooftopprofitmax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment