Friday, June 5, 2009

Dealing with problems



Problems are just a part of doing business. It is how they are handled that can make the difference between success and failure. The creative problem solver can succeed against any adversity.
The creative problem solver has the ability to step back and take a non-emotional look at the issue, then formulate a creative plan to fix it.
Example: As the market turned here in Phoenix, my ability to make money as an investor decreased. I had to examine what I was doing, and how I was doing it. This lead me to the conclusion that I had to make some drastic changes or waste precious, profitable time sitting on the sidelines waiting. I believe in the saying, “when nothing changes, nothing changes”. Waiting just is not part of my DNA, so I took action.
Using my experience, I created a way that my clients and I could buy and profit from out of state investments. The “Turn Key System” was born. I took what I had been doing in Phoenix and applied it to a more profitable market, putting all the players needed in place. It has become so popular, that I have sold over 150 homes this way.
The key is to not become emotional, and use the brain and creativity that God has provided. It also helps to be nice.
Example: A few months ago, I had a contactor giving me a lot of grief. He made promises of deadlines, he did not keep. I wanted to wring his neck, but I kept my cool. I basically babysat him through completion of that job. My fear was creating further delays, by firing him. Once he was done, I simply never used him again on construction.
I later found out that his real skill was renting properties. He has leased 3 properties in two weeks and is currently working on another. Had I lost my cool and fired him, I would have never had the opportunity to use him in this manner. My patience has allowed me to put the right person in the right job, helping my business immensely.
Learning how to act and respond to problems can make or break you in this business. It will also help
Being a problem solver will change your world and help you not only live a better life but a more profitable life.
--
Brett young
Valley Realty
Owner/ CEO Roof Top Investment
Real Estate Investment
http://www.rooftopprofitmax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment