Friday, June 5, 2009

Listening to the right people



Getting the right message is essential for state of mind in both life and business. Anthony Robbins teaches this best, He recommends that the only people worth listening to are the one’s with a proven track record. Verify that they know what they are talking about. There are a lot of so called experts with many different opinions. Everyone has a right to there own opinion, but we have the right not to listen to them.
I remember in the late 80’s I listened to someone who informed me that I would get into major financial trouble if I kept buying investment properties. Unfortunately, I listened to them. If I would have done my home work and trusted my gut, I probably would have been retired by now.
So how to you know who to listen too? I had someone in one of my seminars interrupt my conversation with a potential client. He told the client that rental properties were a pain. I immediately ask him how many properties he had rented. He said none. ‘Nuff said.
When receiving advise make sure they have the experience to back up what they are saying. Would you go to a podiatrist to treat a headache? Of course not!
The real estate business is challenging enough. Be sure to receive counsel only from those who truly know what they are doing. Talk to people, do your homework and trust your gut. Ultimately, it is up to you to make the final decision. Take charge. Do not rely on the unreliable. Your financial future depends on it! Brett Young Valley Realty http://www.rooftopprofitmax.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment