Sunday, March 20, 2011

Listening is a great thing for your business


I learn a lot every week just from listening to people and my Itunes. Yesterday Roger came up from Cincinnati to look at some homes. We went to several cities and browsed some very nice investment homes. He let me know what homes he liked and what areas he preferred. After we had finished he gave me the green light to be his representative for buying investment homes. As I listened I learned what his goals and his expectations of me were going to be. I was able to satisfy his needs by knowing them.

I also met another gentleman yesterday on another business opportunity that he wanted me to represent his company in. As he was explaining the biz to me he mentioned another type of business he had done. I stopped him and ask him about it. He immediately pulled out some financials on that business (which was struggling) and I noticed the huge profit potential in the market for that business ! We immediately changed courses and set up a plan to upstart that very profitable business. If I had not been listening I would of never heard about the new business.

Listening to business podcast can teach a lot of rich information. One in particular that I listen to is HBR(Harvard Business Review) they interview a lot of the CEO's of large business and they give you tons of FREE advice. For example I am listening to the CEO of eBay and what his thoughts are on all the eBay business's. They own many differant types of business's. It is a treasure trove of information from someone who is at the top of the business game and it's free! I mean who wouldn't listen to the CEO of eBay?

Their are many othey podcast I like on marketing and business. All you have to do is go to itunes and download them an listen! Rooftopprofitmax also has a great podcast on itunes.

Listening to people and podcast can take you and your business to the next level! So why aren't you listening? Brett Young www.advancedcashflowsystems.com

No comments:

Post a Comment